Sigma AF 10-18mm F2.8 I Contemporary - L Mount
This SIGMA lens features an ultra-wide angle delivering advanced performance with corner-to-corner image quality in a lightweight form. The lens also features an ED glass element, which helps reduce chromatic aberration, as well as a 9-blade circular aperture, for beautiful bokeh and creative background blur.
Ideal for landscapes, travel, video and online content creation With ultra-wide focal length, portable body and razor-sharp optics, the SIGMA 10-18mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary is the perfect portable option for landscape, travel, interior and street photography. It also boasts impressive video capability owing to its bright F2.8 aperture, which makes it well-suited to shooting in low-light environments and creating a shallow depth-of-field. The ultra-wide angle-of-view is ideal for hand-held vlogging that requires the capture of both the subject and the environment.
Large-aperture, ultra-wide-angle zoom with expressive imaging capabilities
By utilizing unique optics which have been designed to correct lens aberrations, the SIGMA 10-18mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary produces images that are sharp across the entire image.
Aspherical lens, special low-dispersion glass
The use of an aspherical lens with large eccentricity and refractive index as the first lens element has enabled a lens construction with a reduced number of elements. Used in conjunction with multiple aspherical lenses and special low-dispersion glass, the lens can produce high resolution images whilst remaining compact and lightweight.
Minimum focusing distance 11.6cm, maximum magnification ratio 1:4
Create expressive close-up images using the 11.6cm minimum focusing distance when shooting at 10mm. With a magnification ratio of 1:4, the lens captures unique portraits, still life and more.
Extremely compact and lightweight
The SIGMA 10-18mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary is the world’s smallest and lightest ultra-wide angle zoom lens for APS-C cameras*, with a length of 62.0mm, a maximum diameter of 72.2mm, and a weight of 260g*. The lens can be carried around with ease or attached to an APS-C mirrorless camera and a gimbal to create an ultra-portable video setup.
Newly developed push-on petal type hood A newly developed push-on petal type hood is included with the lens. Unlike the conventional bayonet type lens hoods that attach with a rotating movement, this push-on type lens hood is attached onto the lens using a spring and lever system. The implementation of this new design reduces the size and thickness of the hood so that it matches the compact size of the lens.
Compact, lightweight, high-performance F2.8 constant aperture zoom lens series
When combined with the SIGMA 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary, a total, unbroken focal range of 15-75mm (35mm equivalent) with a constant F2.8 aperture can be covered. The combined weight of both lenses is only 550g.
Fast-growing line-up of lenses for APS-C mirrorless cameras
In addition to the SIGMA 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary, the lineup of lenses for APS-C mirrorless cameras includes 16mm, 23mm, 30mm, and 56mm prime lenses, all with F1.4 brightness. This flexible lens selection can be used for a wide variety of photographic applications.
Mount with dust and splash resistant structure
The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing to protect it from dust and water drops.
Designed to minimize focus breathing
The lens has been designed to suppress focus breathing. The change in angle-of-view due to focus shift is minimized, creating a natural-looking focus shift when recording video.
Supports various camera functions
The lens is compatible with the electronic image stabilization function, aberration correction function, DMF, and AF+MF in camera bodies from various manufacturers. The advantage using this ultra-wide-angle lens is that it provides a generous angle-of-view even when the electronic image stabilization function crops the image.
A fast and quiet stepping motor is used to deliver precise AF when shooting stills and video. It is fully compatible with in-camera AF tracking modes.
• Lens construction: 13 elements in 10 groups (3 FLD, 1 SLD, and 4 aspherical elements)
• Inner focus system
• Compatible with high-speed autofocus
• Stepping motor
• Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction* *Function available on supported cameras only. Available corrections or auto correction functionality may vary depending on the camera model. *On cameras where lens aberration correction is controlled with ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’ in the camera menu, please set all aberration correction functions to ‘ON’(AUTO). • Support DMF and AF+MF
• Super Multi-Layer Coating
• Support for switching between linear and non-linear focus ring settings on L-Mount bodies * Function available on supported cameras only.
• Mount with dust and splash resistant structure
• Push-on petal type hood LH706-02
• Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (sold separately / for L-Mount only) • Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
• Every single lens undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system
• 7-blade rounded diaphragm
• High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
• Mount Conversion Service available
• “Made in Aizu, Japan” craftsmanship