Pentax 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW D-FA HD Lens
Sorry, currently out of stock
The Pentax 150-450mm f4.5-5.6 ED DC AW D-FA HD is a super-telephoto zoom lens with all-weather construction designed for shooting a wide range of topics, including sport, portraiture, aviation and wildlife. This Pentax K-mount lens for digital SLR cameras is compact and light enough to use freehand without a tripod. High-grade HD Coating, three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and a super-low dispersion glass element reduces chromatic aberration and ensure sharp, high-contrast images across the zoom range.
Key Features / Spec:
- Image circle covering Full-frame sensor
- 3X ratio supertelephoto zoom (eq to 230-690 for APS-C)
- Dependable weather-resistant construction against humidity and dust (21 protection joins)
- Smooth, quiet autofocus operation driven by a built-in DC motor
- HD Coating to optimize light transmittance and minimize refl ection
- ED lens elements for brilliant sharpness and saturated colours
- Focus Range Limiter (Full, 2-6m, 6m-8)
- Round shaped diaphragm to produce beautiful bokeh
- Super Protect coating of the front lens element for effective protection
- Three-position switch for Quick-Shift Focus System (QFS/A, QFS/M and MF modes) for a speedier and more accurate focusing operation for a given subject or application
- Detachable tripod mounting with a newly designed anti-falling mechanism
- 4 AF buttons to provide more stable AF operation and better hold of the lens in horizontal or vertical position. These buttons are customizable (Focus Preset mode and AF cancel mode)
- Zoom lock lever to prevent the lens barrel from free-falling
1. Super-telephoto coverage with three-times zoom ratio
When mounted on a PETAX K-mount SLR camera body, this zoom lens covers a super-telephoto range from approximately 230mm to 690mm in the 35mm format. It is designed to be compact and light enough to handhold during long-range shooting of such subjects as wildlife, aircraft and sports.
2. Outstanding image description
Thanks to its state-of-the-art optics featuring three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and one superlow dispersion glass element, this zoom lens effectively minimizes spherical and chromatic aberrations, while producing crisp, high-quality images free of color bleeding. Its MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) curve is programmed to be higher than those of conventional models in the same class to deliver high-resolution, finedetailed images. Its image circle is optimized to cover even the image size of 35mm film-format SLR cameras. As the result, it not only assures brilliant, high-resolution images without compromising the sharpness at edges even when mounted on an existing PENTAX digital SLR camera body, but it is also capable of accepting future models with larger image sensors without modifications.
3. HD Coating to optimize image rendition
This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures higher light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, highcontrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
4. Dustproof, weather-resistant construction
Developed as an AW (All Weather) model, this zoom lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with 21 special seals to prevent the intrusion of water and dust particles into the lens interior. By pairing it with a PENTAX weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, it assures a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings - even in rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
5. Newly installed three-position switch for Quick- Shift Focus System
The lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick- Shift Focus System, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system. In order to improve its operability, a three-position switch is newly installed on this lens, allowing instant switching among QFS/A, QFS/M and MF modes. QFS/A is an autofocus-priority mode, which allows the user to switch to manual-focusing operation only when autofocus operation is completed. QFS/M is a manual-focus-priority mode, which enables the user to switch to manual focusing at any time - even when the AF system is in operation. MF mode allows the user to instantly switch to manual focusing with a simple twist of the focus ring on the lens. With a choice of three distinctive modes, the user is assured of speedier, more accurate focusing operation for a given subject or application.
6. Four AF buttons installed on the lens barrel
In order to provide more stable AF operation and better hold of the lens regardless of the camera’s orientation - horizontal or vertical - this lens provides four AF buttons on its barrel - one at every 90 degrees.** The user can assign preferred settings to these AF buttons, including: a Focus Preset mode to preprogram the focus position and instantly shift the focus to that position; and an AF Cancel mode to intentionally fix the focus at a desired point during Continuous AF operation.