LEE 100mm ND Grad Very Hard Filter Set
Lee ND Grad Very Hard Resin Filter Set: Features
- 3x ND filters with Very Hard gradations
- Designed for landscape photography
- Allows users to balance the exposure within a scene
- Perfect for very defined horizon lines such as seascapes
- The very sharp transition allows for precise separation between areas of the image
- Enables cloud detail to be kept correctly exposed, avoids the "white out" effect
- Gives great control over the exposure
- Suitable for both digital and film
- Compatible with the Lee 100mm Filter Holder (not included)
- Filter size: 100x150mm
- 1x 0.3 Neutral Density Very Hard Grad Filter - reduces exposure by 1 stop
- 1x 0.6 Neutral Density Very Hard Grad Filter - reduces exposure by 2 stops
- 1x 0.9 Neutral Density Very Hard Grad Filter - reduces exposure by 3 stops
- Lee Filter Holder required
- Lee Adaptor Ring required - check your lens' thread size
Should I use hard or soft grads?
As a general rule, a hard grad would be used for images containing a horizon, or any hard transition between the sky and the foreground - even with jagged or mountainous horizons, the exposure can be controlled far easier with a hard grad.
Soft grads perform best in woodland, mist, or interiors. Anywhere where there is no definite transition between sky and foreground, a soft grad will gently balance exposure across the image.