Samyang AF 50mm f1.4 II Lens - Sony E Mount
Sorry, currently out of stock
- 2nd generation version of Samyang’s first-ever AF lens
- Full-frame coverage optimised for use on Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- Smallest & lightest large-aperture, standard lens in its class
- Superior image quality and resolution in all areas of the image
- Fast and quiet AF performance
- F1.4 lens with exquisite bokeh
- Minimised breathing for video shooting
- Enhanced usability with custom switch
- Short minimum focal distance
- Weather-Sealing design
SMALLEST & LIGHTEST LARGE-APERTURE STANDARD LENS
The AF 50mm F1.4 FE II is the smallest (88.9mm in length) and lightest (420g in weight) among all the large-aperture standard 50mm focal length lenses compatible with the Sony FE mount.
EXCELLENT RESOLUTION IN ALL AREAS OF THE IMAGE
The AF 50mm F1.4 FE II lens delivers a 45.7 degrees angle of view on full-frame and 31.1 degrees for APS-C sensors, as well as a bright maximum aperture of F1.4, as preferred by full-frame camera users. Optimum resolution is achieved through the advanced optical design, using 11 lens elements in 8 groups (including 2 ASP, 3 HR, and 1 ED). Combined with Sony's full-frame image sensor, this lens delivers superior sharpness and contrast in all areas of the image.
FAST AND QUIET AF PERFORMANCE
Tracking the subject accurately and quickly, the AF also operates quietly and smoothly when shooting video. Samyang's Linear STM (Stepping Motor) satisfies both photographers and videographers with quieter and more accurate control of the focusing lens groups.
IMPRESSIVE BACKGROUND BLUR AND BOKEH WITH BRIGHT F1.4 APERTURE
The AF 50mm F1.4 FE II uses a large-diameter 9-bladed aperture to provide smooth background blur. It effectively separates the subject from the background, using a shallow depth of field and adding drama to the scene. The 9 diaphragm blades create smooth and natural bokeh with light splitting.
LESS BREATHING FOR VIDEO SHOOTING
The AF 50mm F1.4 FE II has minimised focus breathing, so there is almost no change in the angle of view when focusing and therefore less screen shake. This is effective when shooting movies with the subject moving forwards and backwards, or focusing from front to back.
ENHANCED USABILITY WITH CUSTOM SWITCH
There is a custom switch, which can be set to allow adjustment of the aperture by rotating the focus ring. Using the optional Lens Station, you can set up the mode to suit your own preference*.
* More functions will be added through firmware updates in the future
SHORT MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE
The minimum focus distance is just 40cm, making the lens even more versatile and able to produce a unique perspective close to the subject. This makes it easier to take close-up and dramatic shots of food, portraits and nature.
The usability of the AF 50mm F1.4 FE II lens has been developed and enhanced, taking into consideration not only the design but also the user's shooting environment. It has a micro-patterned rubber focus ring, so feels great to operate and weather-sealing also helps to protect the lens from light rain, snow and dust.
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.40m
- Diagonal Angle of View: 45.7° (full-frame), 31.1° (APS-C)
- Dimensions: 88.9mm
- Filter Size: 72mm
- Lens Construction: 11 elements in 8 groups
- Lens Type: Fast aperture, autofocus, standard focal length
- Maximum Aperture: F1.4
- Minimum Aperture: F16
- Mount Type: Sony FE
- No. Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Sensor Coverage: Full-Frame 36x24mm
- Weather Proof: Yes
- Weight: 420g (without lens cap or hood)