Lee 100mm ND Grad Soft Resin Filter Set
Placing the Neutral Density part (darker area) of the filter onto the sky in the frame will reduce the sky exposure and this enables cloud detail to be kept correctly exposed and avoids the ‘white out’ effect caused by exposing for the foreground. Lee 100mm Filter Holder and Adapter Ring required.
Lee ND Grad Soft Resin Filter Set: Key Features
- 3x ND filters with Soft gradations
- Designed for landscape photography, for instance woodland, mist and interiors
- Allows users to balance the exposure within a scene
- Gently balances exposure when there is no definite transition between sky and foreground
- Enables cloud detail to be kept correctly exposed, avoids the "white out" effect
- Gives great control over the exposure
- Suitable for both film and digital
- Compatible with the Lee 100mm Filter Holder (not included)
- Filter size: 100x150mm
- 1x 0.3 Neutral Density Soft Grad Filter - reduces exposure by 1 stop
- 1x 0.6 Neutral Density Soft Grad Filter - reduces exposure by 2 stops
- 1x 0.9 Neutral Density Soft Grad Filter - reduces exposure by 3 stops
- Lee Filter Holder (Foundation Kit) required
- Lee Adaptor Ring required - check your lens's thread size
Should I use hard or soft grads?
As a general rule, a hard grad would be used for images containing a horizon, or any hard transition between the sky and the foreground - even with jagged or mountainous horizons, the exposure can be controlled far easier with a hard grad.
Soft grads perform best in woodland, mist, or interiors. Anywhere where there is no definite transition between sky and foreground, a soft grad will gently balance exposure across the image.