Gitzo GT2542 Mountaineer Series 2 Carbon eXact Tripod
Sorry, currently out of stock
GT2542 Tripod: Key Features
- Max Load: 18 kg (18,000 g)
- Max height: 167 cm (139 cm with centre column down)
- Min height: 15 cm
- 4 leg sections
- Leg angles: 23°. 55°. 83°
- Closed length: 56 cm
- Weight: 1.68 kg
The benefits of the Mountaineer
The Mountaineer Series are ultra-stiff tripods aimed at professional and advanced amateur photographers who own cameras with high resolution full-sized sensors and/or lenses with long focal lengths. It's built for users who need stability, who are often on the move and who are focused on landscape and architectural photography. Mountaineer tripods have been developed further to incorporate the latest Gitzo technology which increases rigidity, improves performance and ease of use for professional photographers.
Stiffer legs and structure:
- The newly developed carbon tubes "Carbon eXact" contains High Modulus carbon fibre and has larger tube diameters.
- The top spider and column lock are redesigned for enhanced rigidity.
- The new Mountaineer is significantly more rigid than its predecessors and competitors, guaranteeing less shake and more image stability.
Enhanced usability and comfort:
- New “G-lock Ultra” is softer to use and protects against dust or grit.
- New Ground Level Set and leg angle selectors are easier and faster to set up.
The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizing weight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) from the bottom of the tripod centre column. Useful with long/heavy lenses, on uneven ground or in windy conditions.
This feature allows you to easily change worn out rubber feet or to fit other accessories, such as spiked feet or snow/sand shoes.
Revolutionary Carbon eXact tubes are even stiffer to maximize rigidity and image stability. Carbon eXact optimizes the fibre composition for each tube size, using HM (High Modulus) carbon fibre in the narrower tubes to make them stiffer. The tube diameters are also optimized: the final leg section of a 4 section Series 1 tripod is now 22.5% thicker than its predecessor.
Our G-lock system has been redesigned from the inside out; G-lock Ultra is smoother and softer to use, and is designed to reduce dust and grit from getting in.
Ground level set (with unlocking ring)
Completely redesigned for faster operation, this Ground Level Set mechanism permits to remove the centre column to get the camera closer to the ground. A single simple unlocking ring under the column's upper disc frees the column while keeping the upper disc solidly in place on the tripod (Patent Pending).
Leg angle selector with spring
Offers large grip space and features a built-in spring to help speed up switches between the 3 leg angles.