Fujifilm GFX 50R Medium Format Camera Body
AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER
The GFX 50R continues the compact, lightweight and superior image quality characteristics of Fujifilm’s GFX medium-format system, while weighing approx. 145g less and 25mm thinner than the GFX 50S. Boasting a massive 51.4MP medium-format sensor, the GFX 50R is an ideal tool for documentary and reportage, capable of capturing a subject’s texture, three-dimensional feel and even the atmosphere of each scene.
- The medium-format “G Format” sensor has better per pixel light reception capability than that of a 35mm full frame sensor of the same resolution
- The GFX 50R features the X-Processor Pro image processing engine. Supporting FUJIFILM’s renowned Film Simulation modes, the camera allows you to opt for the tonality of photographic films such as Velvia, PROVIA and ACROS
- Equipped with the Focus Lever to allow quick adjustment of the focus point. The elimination of the selector buttons provides extra space to hold the camera better
- The top panel sports two dials, one for shutter speed and the other for exposure compensation. The milled aluminum dials give the camera a premium feel and satisfying clicking touch
- This is the first model in the GFX system to support the Bluetooth® low energy technology. Captured images can be transferred easily and quickly to smartphones and tablet devices paired with the camera via the FUJIFILM Camera Remote app
R for Rangefinder
The rangefinder style design allows you to keep your eye on a subject while looking through the viewfinder with the other eye. This enables checking and feeling the atmosphere of the scene around your subject matter, shown in the EVF.
Tethered shooting is essential part in a professional photographers workflow. The GFX system supports tethering software “HS-V5 for Windows” and “Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop®”, “Capture One Pro (FUJIFILM)” is also due to be released, giving extra options in studio sessions for commercial and fashion photography. This means that a professional photographer can incorporate the GFX system into their regular workflow.
The robust magnesium alloy body is weather-sealed in 64 places to provide dust and weather resistance and ability to operate at temperatures as low as -10?. Its durability caters to the needs of all photographers.
The GFX 50R is equipped with the 0.77x 3.69M-dot organic EL electronic viewfinder (EVF). This allows accurate focusing despite the large size of the medium format sensor, which has a shallower depth of field than that of a 35mm full frame sensor when shooting at the same angle of view.
Superb processing power
The GFX 50R features the X-Processor Pro image processing engine. Supporting FUJIFILM’s renowned Film Simulation modes, the camera allows you to opt for the tonality of photographic films such as Velvia, PROVIA and ACROS, used for many years in medium format film cameras by professional and enthusiast photographers alike.